National Reproductive Justice Events
March for Black Women
September 30, 2017
On September 30, 2017, Black women in all their diversity will march at the center of the March for Racial Justice in our very own MARCH FOR BLACK WOMEN in Washington, D.C. to denounce the propagation of state-violence and the widespread incarceration of Black women and girls, rape and all sexualized violence, the murders and brutalization of transwomen and the disappearances of our girls from our streets, our schools and our home.
Please join us and partners in the March for Black Women, in mass mobilization for our security and safety, our human rights, and our freedoms, calling on the federal government and our own Black communities to take the following actions:
1. Issue an apology to all Black women for centuries of abuses, including sexual violence and reproductive violations against Black bodies, especially the brutalization of transwomen.
2. Beyond the 2016 Gender Bias Policing Guidance, ensure immediate and sustainable measures by the U.S. Government to eliminate incarcerations, incidences of rape and “sexual misconduct”, police murder and violence against all Black women, and especially transwomen.
3. End the threat against the human right to healthcare and increase access, including all reproductive health care, bar none.
4. Ensure economic justice for Black low-income women at the communal and federal level, many of whom are at increased risk for violence due to lack of economic power.
5. Cease and desist all threats of deportation of immigrant women across the country, especially those whose deportation may cost them their lives or safety.
Access march routes reclaiming Black spaces in Washington DC, and converging on the National Mall, visit: http://www.mamablack.org/about-the-march-for-black-wome